Regional Skilled Migration Scheme (Subclass 187)– This visa allows employers in regional or low population growth areas of Australia to fill skilled positions they are unable to fill from the local labour market.
An employer can take part in the scheme if their business is in any area except Brisbane, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong, Melbourne and Perth.
Regional Skilled Migration Scheme Process
The RSMS process consists of 3 stages:
1.In general terms, the employer must be able to demonstrate to a certifying body that:
- The position is a genuine full-time vacancy;
- It is available for at least 2 consecutive years;
- It requires qualifications equivalent to at least Australian diploma level (this includes trade certificates);
- The position cannot be filled from the local labour market;
- Employment and remuneration is in accordance with Australian industrial laws; and
- There is, or will be, an employment contract or letter of appointment covering the position.
2. Employer Nomination Assessment
The completed and certified nomination needs to be forwarded to the relevant Department Business Centre who needs to be satisfied:
- The nomination has been certified by a regional certifying body; and
- All the above requirements were met.
3. Visa Nominee Requirements
The nominee must complete and lodge an application. In general terms, the visa application will be assessed against the following:
- That the nominee has the relevant qualifications equivalent to at least an Australian diploma;
- That the nominee is able to satisfy any mandatory licensing, registration or professional membership requirements;
- That the position is for a fixed term of at least 2 years (supported by evidence of a contract);
- That the nominee is less than 45 years of age;
- That the nominee has functional English language ability; and
- That the nominee and all family unit members meet mandatory health and character requirements.
Free Assessment Form | Australia Migrating Agent | Australian Student Visa Australia | Study in Australia Consultant | Studying in Australia | Australia Student Visa Consultants in India | Australian Student Visa Requirements | Bridging Visas Australia | Registered Migrating agent in Australia | Temporary Work Visa Australia | Tourist and Visitor Visa Australia | Partner Visa Australia | Spouse visa agent Australia | Tourist visa agent in Australia | Top migrating company in Australia | Tourist visa consultant in Australia